Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Thankful Thursday - FIRST Blogiversary January 1, 2015


........and I will say it so it gets said "Thanks to everyone for their support. I do appreciate it. Wow what a great year, so much fun. I doesn't feel like a whole year has gone by already, but it has and  much too quickly. This was my  first year posting on my blog and I have to say it has been a lot of fun, making discoveries and trying to figure out things".

Happy New Year - 2015
What a great way to end the first year and begin another year

Happy First Blogiversary to "In Search of...?" 
I MADE IT THROUGH AN ENTIRE YEAR!



First,  I had a great time. I have been trying to make my way through this year, trying to post regularly and trying to keep some consistency to it all.  And I think I did a descent job, I am proud of myself. This is a personal log/blog so I am able to write about what I want which could be good and bad but I think good so far. No tangents, no soapbox speeches- just family and my activities in the genealogical world. And I am really having a great time. I hope there are others that are following me but if not that is OK too I know my family is following along and that is enough for me..........  after all I am talking about my family to my family. Thanks for the encouragement.

Second, I thought it would be a difficult task to write this blog and keep it going but it really hasn't been. After all it is about my family and my memories and activities to share......... so it was easier than I thought it would be once I finally got started. Some feedback from family members told me that they were enjoying the posts so that was encouraging. They gave me some helpful feedback and I am thankful for that. As you have probably noticed over this year......  I am not a writer, not a journal major with proper sentence structure,or proper punctuation. I write like I talk - good or bad that is the way it is. It is just me expressing myself. Hopefully you can overlook that and enjoy the stories behind the writing. Thanks for the encouragement.

In December I just did a complete life study from birth to death of my Great Grand Uncle Hudson Little born in England living his life in New Zealand. I don't know why exactly but New Zealand was just calling to me. Wish I could actually visit but not now. Wish I could do as well for my German line. (big sigh!) I was so jazzed about all the information and documentation I found on him and his wife and their family......... AND now I have a great TO-DO list ready to go to Salt Lake City in February. (Sorting Saturday - Dec 27)

I am also going to go back and review what I did post this year and see what loose ends I left dangling. I am sure there are lots of those loose ends just waiting to be tied up.

What about NEXT YEAR? What about "2015"?
I think I will just continue doing the same as I did this year, I enjoyed it and am looking forward to more discoveries that I can share with my family and with friends.

Happy New Year to all my family and friends.........  it is going to be an exciting year of discoveries.

I look forward to those trips too far away places to research and make finds that I could not have made otherwise. Thanks to all of you for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment