Thursday, January 29, 2015

Those Places Thursday --continuing with #9 Mounsey LITTLE- Marriage

continuing ........ 

             "LITTLE'S" are my Mothers Fathers line
PARENTS
Isaac (1806-1863) & Jane (Mounsey) (1812-1867) LITTLE   [2nd Great Grandparents ]

Siblings of Hudson's.........
doneMary LITTLE (1831- ?) -          [Great Grand Aunt]
doneJohn LITTLE (1832-1861)         [Great Grand Uncle]
doneAnne LITTLE (1835-?)              [Great Grand Aunt]
doneWilliam LITTLE (1837-1843)     [Great Grand Uncle]
doneIsaac LITTLE (1840-?)               [Great Grand Uncle]
doneHUDSON LITTLE 1843-1934) [Great Grand Uncle]
doneJane Eliza LITTLE 1846-1867)   [Great Grand Aunt]
doneJames LITTLE 1849-1855)        [Great Grand Uncle]
Mounsey LITTLE (1851-1940) ...........[My Great Grandfather]
Joseph LITTLE (1852-1932)     [Great Grand Uncle]

..........of all the information I have not found yet is the Marriage Date and Place for Mounsey and Mary (Brownrigg) LITTLE.  Here are pictures of both of them labeled wedding pictures but no date........
I will add this to my already lengthy TO-DO list for the Library in February.





I am making a few assumption for the time being so I have a time line to research by ............

Mounsey and Mary met in Tompkins County, New York (possibly Dryden, Virgil, Ithaca or Cortland) according to several newspaper articles. So this is where I will concentrate my efforts. I looked to see where Mary's parents lived and they never came to the US at that time. They were still in England. She came over alone or with someone else around 1868 when she was around 12 years old. Who did she come to live with at that age? I have searched and searched the 1870 US census with no luck. I may have to actually go line by line in these specific areas.

.......and the year/date of marriage: The couple had 4 children that I know about. The first child was born 21 July 1878...........  I would normally look 2-5 years on either side of 1878 in  the area's above. I see that every US and State Census Mounsey appears in was in Dryden, Tompkins, New York. So I am pretty sure that they were married in the area that they lived for their entire adult lives and they are buried there too.
NOW there is a family story that a Wedding Certificate was seen on the wall in Mounsey and Mary's  farmhouse by the daughter. She noticed  that it was dated a year after Mounsey & Marys's  first son  Isaac was born- 1879 ........  the story is believable but no proof yet....... everyone that may know about it have passed away or memories are very vague now. What happened to that Wedding Certificate on the wall? ......  the farm and property were sold between 1930-1940, after Mary's death 1929 and before Mounsey's death in 1940..

TO-DO List ::
Marriage information - date and place for Mounsey and Mary LITTLE- checking 1879 Dryden, Tompkins Co., New York 

No comments:

Post a Comment