Monday, May 12, 2014

Mystery Monday - Naturalization



Gosh now that I am getting some of these papers, and documents out again to reexamine them I can see that I did a very poor job of documenting & sourcing what I found, and where I found it. And this is a good example. Where did I acquire this copy? Probably in Alliance or Canton Ohio but not sure. Boy this just makes more work for me and makes me duplicate efforts. OK move forward...........  this is what I have


page 171 unknown source

The State of Ohio, Trumbull County - I, John G James an alien and swear, that I first arrived in the United States in the month of May AD 1870 and now reside in America and that it is my BONA FIDE intention to become A Citizen of the United States, and to renounce forever all allegiance and fidelity to any Foreign Prince, Potentate, State or Sovereignty, whatever, and particularly to Victoria Queen of Great Britain.

                                                                                                                                                                     signed John G James

subscribed in my presence and sworn to before me, this 13th day of December AD 1884

                                                                                                                                                    Wilbur A Reeves, Probate Judge


No comments:

Post a Comment