Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wordless Wednesday - Brag Books

 
A member of Root Cellar Sacramento Genealogical Society was browsing the book sale at the Auburn Placer County Library when she came across the book below and one other from a county in Indiana. She mentioned this book at Root Cellar extraction meeting a couple of weeks ago. I jumped at the the chance to look through it. She brought it to the next Society meeting and gave it to me. It cost her $2......  can you believe that! What was really amazing is that the library was selling it. These are amazing books with all types of informaiton about the County but the people too. Yes most of the people mentioned probably paid to have their name included but I don't know that for sure.
 
These books are a snap shot in time.... this one below is 1874. Alot of my ancestors and extended families were living in this county at this time, some just arriving less than 10 years prior and some have been there quite a long time. I do remember traveling through this county from 1999 - 2003. I remember some of the homes and farms and the names listed in the book - unrelated to my ancestors.
 
                              This book is 16 1/2" long by 13 1/2" wide and about an inch deep.  
 
 
 

This book is concerned with Trumbull County, OHIO only. Trumbul County is located in the northeast part of Ohio. It border on Pennsylvania, & Ashtabula Co., Geauga Co., Portage Co. and Mahoning Co all in OHIO.  The book is divided into townships - there is a map for every township with information and pictures concerning that township. I am interested in Hubbard and Kinsman Townships. None of my ancestors seem to be listed, but there is alot of great information about that  time frame and the area. As you can see from the pictures of the maps there is alot of information included, including the names of people that were living there at this time. So other that the two maps I have just included a couple of the pages of each of my townships. Walk down memory lane. 



 



 



Anyone need a look-up let me know.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment