Thursday, January 2, 2020

week one Fresh Start........

This is a FRESH START for me. I was so excited about the idea of beginning again.  I wrote posts  for a several years but then stopped for several years UNKNOWN REASON WHY.... but I would like to begin again, to continue to explore my family roots on paper as well as with DNA. I have done extensive research in the generally accepted reseach ways- traveling, libraries, archives, cemetaries, conferencewsm workshops, classes, talking to all relatives that I have come in contact with, trying to find the stories and facts about all my family lines, not just the direct line of GARDNER's, but all the lines. Now I am heavily invested in my DNA line. I have tested with Ancestry, FamilyDNA, MyHeritage, 23&me, and LivingDNA (after several years the only one that has nothing for me yet) and I find each one totally different and the same. So this time around I will have my paper trails of my family tree and my DNA family . Same, yes and no.

So I will start with all the known surnames and go from there............ And as you will see that there is a big difference in the lists. I have traced a lot of my mothers family way back into the 1500 and 1600's but my fathers line seems to go cold in the early 1800's - big difference

Paternal Side
GARDNER
BRANFIELD
DIETZ
JAMES
SMITH
NOLL
NOBLE
JONES
LISKE
RICH
JENKINS

Maternal side.........
LITTLE
BRISTOL
BROWNRIGG
SHEERAR
MOUNSEY 2X
TOMPKINS
WOOD
HUDSON
HARRIS 2X
HODGSON
ALLEN
MERCHANT
HAMILTON
STEPHENS
KENTFIELD
DAVIS
BAILE 2X
TROWBRIDGE
HEWITSON 2X
PECK
BLAKSLEY
BROWNE
SPERRY
BEARDSELY
KIMBERLY
WATTER
SCAMMEL
GOODYEAR
WINTER
LAMBERTON
CLARK
POTTER
TYNCHER
CALDWELL
MARSHALL
LEWEN
EDWIN
PROUSE
BEVYS
DENIS
SAGE
LAWRENCE
COLLACK
OWESLEY
PROUZ
DEIGHTON
READ
PAKINGTON
LACEY

Anyone recognize any of the surnames? Yes I know the Smiths, Jones, & James. 

Basic locations are Ohio, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Great Britain, & Germany (Bavaria & Hesse Darnstadt)

1 comment:

  1. Hello, My name is Michelle. My sister in law has purchased the home of Joseph and Jennie Little in Dryden, NY. I want to thank you for putting up those photos of your family members for all to see. I was so excited when I stumbled upon your page. I was doing a little research for her.

    Would you happen to have pictures or even some history on there home on 42 South Street Dryden, NY.

    My Email is Michelle.Paul9112@yahoo.com

    I would love to hear from you!

    Thanks again,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete