Tuesday, January 21, 2020

CLOSE TO HOME - FRUSTRATION sets in

week four: Close to Home

How convenient that this post fits right into a couple of weeks ago- My Favorite Photo. I wasn't trying but it just happened.

 The four plus metal boxes of 35mm color slides that I found with my son was so close to home yet is still a mystery. I quickly ordered a Kodak viewer and scanner from Amazon. Great reviews and I know someone who has one and they love it,  I guess I should have asked to use theirs first......  it came and reality & disappointment hit quick and hard. No way my slides would fit this viewer/scanner. (Although they fit my husbands slides and film so no loss)

These slides of my dad's are NOT 35mm ...... not sure what they would be called but not 35mm (I think I keep saying and thinking 35mm because that is what my son has always said and I didn't think about it)

My slides measure 2 1/4" squared and fit into a 2 3/4" holders (cardboard and metal ones) This is so frustrating. As you can see, the top two are 35mm and the two bottom ones are mine and way bigger. Very frustrating.



So now where do I go to find and what do I use that will view my slides and somehow scan/digitize them too. HELP! I am hoping someone else has had some experience with these larger slides and can give me some guidance. I REALLY want to view and scan/digitize them within my lifetime, Any suggestions, comments will be happily appreciated


When keaving a comment, message or information, please leave your contact informaiton too, Thank you in advance for any help.

No comments:

Post a Comment