Sunday, January 5, 2020

Four Metal Boxes Full of Family Slides

week two: Favorite Photo


I thought I would have a hard time deciding on a favorite photo. On Christmas Day it all changed. I brought home from my sons 3 out 4 containers of family slides. YES slides that I have never seen before. How is that possible? I don't know!



A little background for this-  my mom passed away in 2015 and we each took time to take what we wanted before everything was given away (one way or another) before the house was sold. My oldest son Michael asked if he could have the slides. My husband Chuck assured me that they had been transferred to a CD, so I said yes. Not thinking anymore about it for several years, the subject came up again later in 2019. Michael showed me a picture (messenger) wanting to know if it was me and my brother Bob and I said yes. Asking where did he get the picture - it was a slide from Grandpas collection. Fast forward to Christmas Day.  After a delicious dinner I took time to view some of the slides, when I realized that I had NEVER seen any of them. Again my son and husband reassurred me that my dad had transferred them. WHERE ARE THEY? I DON'T HAVE THEM, I'VE NEVER SEEN THEM YET. So apparently they are in one of several dozens of boxes in our garage. I have had these pictures since 2015 and haven't seen them yet, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! 
That will be on the top of my list to find those precious pictures in the scary garage. So I brought 3 out of the 4 containers of slides home. 

Each container does have a date attached to it, showing when its content had been transferred, TRANSFERRED  TO WHAT?  AND WHERE ARE THEY?


Each box shows the date of transfer, written on the tape. My dad must have been very busy in 2001. Chuck and I were living in Drums, Pennsylvania that year, and if he told me he was doing this I just do not remember. (memory was pretty good in 2001)

So for now, I am viewing them through a proper viewer and enjoying everyone of them. Some of them are of my dad at work (Army) Most of them are of my parents along with my brothers birth, his big sis ME and traveling around Europe with the Army. (you know (Army) brats and (Air Force) wifes you know what I mean).

Hard to see this way but I do have a proper viewer


I am  beyond thrilled to make this find. All my very early life and my brothers in pictures. Can hardly wait to find them in the garage. But I want to make sure that I have these 'transferred' to something before I give them back. 

NOTE: Please leave a comment if you'd like, IF you want a reply back please make sure you leave me your contact info, Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment