Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Workday Wednesday --- RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH and MORE!!



One minute I am revisiting  the LITTLE family, and the next minute I am in Salt Lake City researching at the LIBRARY......

I did my homework at home through the LIBRARY catalog. I also went back to my blog and went through all my posts from December, January and into February to add to the LIST. This list is loooong so I also did some prioritizing and putting like things together. Wow, what a difference. It is still just as long but much better and easier to work from.



ooops! I was studying this page

Boy we thought it would be very cold here AND IT IS NOT, It is just like Citrus Heights 60's toward the 70's. I air feels a little colder but there is no snow. The higher altitude is certainly affecting my breathing. Need to allow time and slow down.
Salt Lake City and the LIBRARY, here I am with the best of friends, people that truly know what it means when you do a 'happy dance'.....  they may even join in.  I am staying at the Salt Plaza Hotel right across the street from Salt Lake Convention Center AND right behind the LIBRARY. Couldn't ask for a better location for researching and the conference, I am excited to be here. This is where it is happening this week. - 2 conferences in 1 place. The Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS) and RootsTech2015 have partnered this year, each had a separate set of classes but shared the exhibit hall, keynote speakers, on site registration and I am sure other items that I am not even aware of. 

I have spent the last 2 days at the LIBRARY researching - researching is hard work!.I did find some things and confirmed other things I already knew.   - I was down on level B2 England, & New Zealand. It looks very similar to the other floors but it does have British Isles, New Zealand and Australia......just where I needed to be. Now I really need to sit down with everything I found, all the notes I took and all the files I saved to my thumb drive and get it organized and ready to enter into my Legacy program.
,
Early registration happened this afternoon ......... so now I know where I am going to be from class to class. Tomorrow is a pre-conference activity that you had to sign up for......  FGS Society Day. I am a delegate for my genealogy society - Root Cellar and Society Day is dedicated to helping, improving and offering society's options... .lot of it is simply open discussion between society members from all over the county. It usually is a very good day.

Attended a special Delegate Gathering tonight. Very nice buffet...... like a meet and greet. Good couple of hours.

Today will probably be the last time I return to the LIBRARY. I usually am really tired and need some alone time by the end of each day. I go to my room and hibernate and plan for the next day.

To bed  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment